Pushkar is a beautiful town in Ajmer situated at the Aravalli mountain range in Rajasthan state of India. It is popular for its camel fair and Lord Brahma temple. The place has gained importance both for its pilgrimage and as a famous tourist destination. Thar desert areas begins at pushkar, Aravalli mountain range at the backdrop of the town adds beauty to this colorful city.
Pushkar find its name among the oldest city in the country. It is believed to be the place where Lord Brahma performed a grand Yagya. Pushkar is mentioned in the great tale of Ramayan.
Pushkar is famous for its Brahma temple and various sacred ghats on the Pushkar lake. Pushkar fair is one of the world’s largest livestock and camel fair. This yearly fair attracts huge attraction, specially among the foreign tourist.
- Pushkar Lake: The sacred lake is the prime attraction of the place. It is situated around 4 km from the pushkar railway station.
- Brahma Temple: The temple dedicated to Lord Brahma considered to be creator of the world. The temples is situated at a distance of around 3 km from railway station
- Savitri Temple: Located at the top of Ratnagiri Hills, the temple is dedicated to wife of Lord Brahma.
- Camel Safari: Tourist can explore the town through camel safari.
- Pushkar Camel Fair: The yearly fair is very popular among the tourist. The fair ground is roughly 2 km from the railway station.
Road: Pushkar is well connected by road to Ajmer, Jaipur, Udaipur and Chittorgarh.
Rail: Pushkar is connected to Ajmer via passenger train and Ajmer is connected to all the major railway stations in India.
Air: Nearest airport is Sanganer Airport Jaipur situated at a distance of 150 km from Pushkar. Jaipur is connected to all major cities in the country.
Intercity: Few private taxis and vans are available in Pushkar. Camel safari is the best way to explore the city
Food: Rajasthani food and north Indian food is available here.
Climate: The temperature varies from 10 to 45 degree Celsius.
Stay: Hotels are available in abundance at pushkar ranging from budget lodging to luxury ones.
The Experience: Pushkar treats you with blend of pilgrimage and tourism. The sand dunes and the camel fill the landscape and the rich colorful local market cheers you up.