Mount Abu is a famous hill station situated in the Aravalli mountain range in Rajasthan, India.
Mount Abu is situated at an average height of 1219 meters above mean sea level. This beautiful town is often referred as an oasis in the vast deserts of Rajasthan. It is the only hill station in the state, it is situated on a rocky plateau 22 by 9 KM wide. Guru Shikhar which is around 5650 ft above mean sea level is the highest peak in mount Abu.
Mount Abu is believed to be called Arbudaanchal in old time. There are various interesting stories related to the name abu which is refer to many as the son of Himalayas.
Mount Abu is famous for its lakes and evergreen forests.
- Dilwara Temples – One of the most spectacular temple carved in marble. There are many interesting stories associated with it, do not forget to hire a guide to know the details. It situated around 29 km from the Abu Road station and is at the heart of mount abu.
- Nakki lake – is a famous tourist spot situated roughly 27 km from the Abu road station.
- Sunset Point – One of the most eminent location at mount abu. People visit this place to witness the magnificent sunset.
- Brahma Kumari foundation headquarters is a must visit for a different kind of spiritual experience
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary covers 290 km² of mountains, forests and lake
- Gurumukh Temple – A beautiful and ancient temple
- Guru Shikhar – The highest point at the hill station
Road: National Highway- 14 is well-connected to this hill station; special care must be taken while driving at the hill station due the hilly area. Mount Abu is connected by road with Mehsana, Gandhi nagar, Sirohi, Udaipur. Mount Abu is around 750 Km from New Delhi.
Rail: Mount Abu railway station is connected to various cities in the country – New Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai and Ahmedabad. The Abu Road railway station lies on the long Delhi-Ahmedabad railway line. The station is situated around 27 km from Mount Abu.
Air: Udaipur is the nearest airport situated around 180 km from Mount abu, Ahmedabad is the second nearest airport, 220 km from the city.
Intercity: To roam around in the town one can use local taxis, buses or contact private travel operators which are available in abundance at competitive prices
Food: North Indian, south Indian dishes are easily available at moderate cost in the city.
Climate: During Winters temperature varies from 5 to 20 degree Celsius, and in summer 18 to 35 degree Celsius.
Stay: A wide variety of hotels are available ranging from budget hotels to high end luxury ones. Rajasthan tourism affiliated hotels are preferable.
The Experience: In mount Abu one can truly experience an oasis in the desert land of Rajasthan along with the rich cultural heritage of Dilwara temple and Gaumukh temple.